Procedure For Obtaining Business PermitJanuary 4, 2019
It is now compulsory that all Private and Public Companies must be registered online through Corporate Affairs Commission Portal.
- Suggest name and type of Company (Private or Public Limited Liability Company).
- Instruct your Solicitor or Agent to conduct the search on the propose Company name at the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) to confirm its availability. Reserve the name, if available
- Inform your Solicitor about the nature of the Company (nature of business) of the Company.
- Shareholding structure/Shareholders and their addresses.
- Names of initials Directors and their addresses and
- Prepare Memorandum and Articles of Association in line with the Clients instructions.
- Confirm suitability of the draft Memorandum and Articles and prepare final copies which must conform with the new CAC Standard Memo in the portal.
- Complete statutory forms and pay stamp duty
- Submit all documents online duly stamped Memorandum and Articles, the statutory forms and Directors consents to CAC and pay filing fee.
- Present at the CAC all original duly signed documents and obtain Certificate of Incorporation and certified true copies of Form CAC 2.3 (formerly Form C07), and the Memorandum and Articles of Association.
- Collect the original copy of Certificate of Incorporation in any of CAC offices nationwide in Nigeria